It's Hard To Trust AgainThu, Jan 2nd 2003
I am having terrible trouble in my new relationship. It starts when I was married and happy then my mother passed away just before Christmas, 1999 and I found it very hard, then my husband left me the following year on Christmas eve. He took everything leaving me with no food, etc. I went into shock but friends helped me through and I started to get my life together again and I met someone new who is wonderful. He does everything for me, money, time, etc. but I have terrible trouble trusting him. He has never done anything to warrant my distrust but if he says that he is going out with his friends for a drink ( which he does very rarely ) I go in to panic mode and stress very badly. All I can think about is that he will see someone better than me and leave me. I have tried so hard to overcome this but it is beginning to take over our lives, we can't go anywhere without me thinking that he is on the look out for a new person ( like my ex-husband did ) and will dump me. Where do I go from here? All I want is to go out and have fun with him without worrying that he is looking else where.
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- 'Anne' is the pseudonym for the individual who writes this relationship advice column.
- 'Anne' bases her responses on her personal experiences and not on professional training or study. She does not represent herself to be a psychologist, therapist, counselor or professional helper of any sort. Her responses are offered from the perspective of a friend or mentor only.
- Anne intends her responses to provide general information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by 'Anne' to people submitting questions.
- 'Anne', Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. 'Anne' and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.