I Love Her, but I Want That Spark BackMon, Jul 13th 2009
I've been dating this girl for about a year and a half, and I fell completely in love with her. She is very attractive, good sense of humor, overall just a great girlfriend. We get in a lot of fights, mostly because lately shes become sort of annoying to me. I don't want to admit this to her, because it'll hurt her feelings of course. The main problem in our relationship is that I don't feel that "spark" anymore and iImiss it terribly. I want to feel like I'm wanting to get into something exciting and new again. Like the feeling you get when you just meet a girl and she's really into you, and you start pursuing her, and you kiss her for the first time. I just love her way too much to break up with her, but I really want that spark. I feel like I'm starting to fall out of love, also. What should I do?
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- Dr. Schwartz responds to questions about psychotherapy and mental health problems, from the perspective of his training in clinical psychology.
- Dr. Schwartz intends his responses to provide general educational information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by Dr. Schwartz to people submitting questions.
- Dr. Schwartz, Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. Dr. Schwartz and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.